Design Engineer Piping
Passionate about structural analysis and design? Eager to work on interesting projects in industrial environments (piping pumps, tanks, heat exchanges, etc.)? Check this job description and apply!
- You manage the various aspects of structural integrity of mechanical components related to ASME Section III code for the construction/operation of existing or new Nuclear power plants.
- You supervise all the calculations of the ASME III mechanical and piping components and including Class 1, 2 & 3 components.
- You use and guide others in Finte-Elements Studies (SYSTUS, ANSYS or/and PIPESTRESS code) for thermal and pressure fatigue evaluation of mechanical and piping components with respect to ASME code.
- You help our Client to safety restart their nuclear units through fast and judicious justification for continuation in case of alteration of the structural integrity of an ASME componet.
- You take charge of the invitation to tender, the technical and economical comparison between bids; the awaring of contracts, the review of external studies.
- You conduct the technical and commercial follow up of the contracts, including interfaces management.
- You write component technical specifications (performances, scope of supply and limits of supply definition, design requirements, applicable ASME III criteria to meet).
- You comply with and enforce compliance with the Health/Safety guidelines set out in the Project Safety Plan.
- Are you a Mechanical or Civil Engineer with several years of experience in structural analysis and design?
- Do you have experience in stress and fatigue analysis of pressure vessels (piping pumps, tanks, heat exchanges...)?
- Do you have experience in general purpose Finite Element (FE) codes such as PipeStress, Beamstress, Ansys, Systus... for piping applications?
- Do you have a good knowlegde of the mechanical properties of different steels and alloy steels used in this topic?
- Do you have several years experience in application of pressure vessel codes such as ASME III, ASME VIII, RCC-M, CODAP, DIN, KTA..?
- Do you have experience in thermal fatigue (elastic or plastic) structural analysis and evaluation of the heat transfer coefficients in water, in steam..?
- Do you have experience to evaluate by FE calculation stresses for static loads or dynamic loads, in case of linear or non-linear analysis?
- Do you have knowledge of nuclear domain and safety?
- Are you able to communicate in French or Dutch and English?
Apply now for the function of "Design Engineer Piping"!
We invest in your future through personalized training, career advice and on-the-job coaching. Our rich experience and broad customer portfolio combined with your professional potential guarantees the successful development of your career.
We offer an attractive salary with various fringe benefits such as a mobile phone, meal allowance and travel allowance or a company car with a fuel card. SOLID always strives for a captivating and stimulating working environment within technologically advanced companies.
Solid employer, flexible career
At SOLID, our core business is to continuously meet the changing employment needs. When working through our extensive network of companies, you can fully develop your unique talent!